Assertiveness and Confidence Building
For Open course dates get in touch or check the courses pages
Can be one or two days to include role play following successful training courses and feedback.
Comments from previous courses
“Thank you very much for an enjoyable day. Great opportunity to observe and participate. Good connection between Jessica and Lianne. Excellent to have Lianne and would love more of this approach. Thank you”. N. G.
“Thank you very much for a lovely day. Great environment and hospitality which helps my learning”. Naresh
“I really enjoyed the course” Emma
“I hope this works and I can go on to use in my work and personal life” Joan
“Role playing was fun. Lianne is a good actress and ad-libber. Jessica is the same” Kevin
- Are you having difficulties dealing with problem and difficult people?
- Feel that you are being taken advantage of
- Feel helpless and unable to stand up for yourself
- Are you being bullied and shouted at?
- Are aggressive people causing you to feel under extreme pressure?
- Are you lacking in confidence?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to some or all of the above, come along to the Assertiveness and Confidence Building training and learn lots of new techniques to help you be more assertive and more confident.
This course will help you to gain tools and techniques to boost your confidence and build your self-esteem. You will gain practical help to deal with situations assertively and not aggressively at work and how to be more confident. To build and improve relationships with others at work and in any situation. You will find out how to build respect with others, important verbal communication techniques, and also how body language can impact on us.
- Confidence and assertiveness – what are they really?
- Saying ‘No’ positively and without causing offence to others
- Learn how to be assertive without aggression
- How to improve communications skills and build your confidence
- How to deal effectively with disagreement and conflict
- How to deal with and survive aggressive behaviour
By the end of the course each delegate will be able to:
- Explain the difference between assertiveness and aggression
- Explain how to say no without offending
- Describe how to be assertive rather than aggressive
- Improve communication skills and be more confident
- Be less apprehensive and understand how language and body language is important to assertiveness.
- Be confident in dealing with aggression, dominance, conflict and criticism
- Explain how to improve relationships
- Explain how to improve decision making and engagement
The course is interactive and includes group discussion, explanations, exercises and practical group and individual work. Numbers are limited to keep groups small. Can go towards your CPD
Training methods used:
Trainer presentation; power point; flip chart; group discussion; small group/pairs work; practical exercises; handouts, tips.
By the end of the course, you will be more confident to enable you to put all the skills and techniques in practice when you go back to the workplace.
To register interest or for a quote to be delivered in-house on your premises, complete form above or phone 0141 354 1431.
Cost includes handouts, tips
Other suitable courses: Stress Awareness (half day), Goal Setting & Motivation, Stress Management for Managers, Stress Risk Assessment, CV Writing